I find music one of the best parts about life. I LOVEEE sounds, whether its helping me walk from one side of campus to another or listening to a friend’s voice I enjoy the uniqueness of everything I hear.
Unfortunately I was extremely busy this week and missed all the evening “tweet-along” sessions. I did enjoy working with audacity, though, as I have used it before for making my dance mix.
I had fun with the daily creates:
- I got to mention my favorite board game, Betrayal at the House on the Hill,
- I learned a little history about myself and the most well-known movie, Titanic, (we both came out the same year!),
- I made a play-on-words pun with booking bands –> book banning
- And fought the idea that woman are the “beauty” and men are the “brains” and heterosexual normalizations!
I find speaking into a microphone awkward and uncomfortable so I changed my voice on the radio bumper. It was placed between two of my current favorite songs, God is a Woman by Ariana Grande and Curious by Haley Kiyoko.
The Audio assignments:
- My character’s story was expanded on through the “Sound Effects Story” where her transition from human to leopard took place.
- When my friend came to visit she helped me do the sounds around me clip, in which you can here us talking to each other and having a conversation with a gentleman who owns a restaurant.
- I utilized the sound I recorded from a fountain and turned it into a robot voice.
- Taken from Year & Years, I used their song King and muffled it to sound like it was coming from another room!
Finally, I thought up some ideas for a future radio show we will partake in, they included childhood stories and myth comparisons (old and new).
The next week I should be more free, but the one after that will be a struggle to participate as well.